Is arranged marriage any worse than Craigslist? One smart and feisty woman’s year in India looking for a husband the old-fashioned way reveals a rapidly changing culture and a whole host of ideas about the best way to find a mate.
Anita Jain was fed up with the New York singles scene. After three years of frustration and awkward dates, and under constant pressure from her Indian parents to find someone, she started to wonder: was looking for a husband in a bar any less barbaric than traditional arranged marriage? After all this effort, there had to be something easier.
After announcing in a much-discussed New York magazine article her intention to try arranged marriage, Jain moves back to India—the i… More >>
- Bollywood Chanteuse Shreya Ghoshal To Perform With Symphony Orchestra Live In Vancouver
- 15 years have been full of amazing experiences and great music says Shreya Ghoshal
- AR Rahman records end credit song for ‘Viceroy’s House’ with Shreya
- Shreya Ghoshal goes the single way with ‘Dhadkane Azad Hain’
- Shreya Ghoshal Croons Heart-Wrenching Number for T-series Mixtape