Britain’s precipitous and ill-planned disengagement from India in 1947–condemned as a “shameful flight” by Winston Churchill–had a truly catastrophic effect on South Asia, leaving hundreds of thousands of people dead in its wake and creating a legacy of chaos, hatred, and war that has lasted over half a century.
Ranging from the fall of Singapore in 1942 to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi in 1948, Shameful Flight provides a vivid behind-the-scenes look at Britain’s decision to divest itself from the crown jewel of its empire. Stanley Wolpert, a leading authority on Indian history, paints memorable portraits of all the key participants, including Gandhi, Churchill, Attlee, Nehru, and Jinnah, with sp… More >>
- Bollywood Chanteuse Shreya Ghoshal To Perform With Symphony Orchestra Live In Vancouver
- 15 years have been full of amazing experiences and great music says Shreya Ghoshal
- AR Rahman records end credit song for ‘Viceroy’s House’ with Shreya
- Shreya Ghoshal goes the single way with ‘Dhadkane Azad Hain’
- Shreya Ghoshal Croons Heart-Wrenching Number for T-series Mixtape