The partition of India into two countries, India and Pakistan, caused one of the most massive human convulsions in history. Within the space of two months in 1947 more than twelve million people were displaced. A million died. More than seventy-five thousand women were abducted and raped. Countless children disappeared. Homes, villages, communities, families, and relationships were destroyed. Yet, more than half a century later, little is known of the human dimensions of this event. In The Other Side of Silence , Urvashi Butalia fills this gap by placing people—their individual experiences, their private pain—at the center of this epochal event.
Through interviews conducted over a ten-year period and an… More >>
- Bollywood Chanteuse Shreya Ghoshal To Perform With Symphony Orchestra Live In Vancouver
- 15 years have been full of amazing experiences and great music says Shreya Ghoshal
- AR Rahman records end credit song for ‘Viceroy’s House’ with Shreya
- Shreya Ghoshal goes the single way with ‘Dhadkane Azad Hain’
- Shreya Ghoshal Croons Heart-Wrenching Number for T-series Mixtape